Terms and Condition
- RESERVATION: Upon your signature, Dawid Botha Photography will reserve the time and date agreed upon, and will not make other reservations for that time and date. For this reason, the Reservation Deposit of 50% is non-refundable, even if the date is changed or the wedding cancelled for any reason; including acts of God, fire, strike and/or extreme weather. The Reservation Deposit is to be paid at time of signing the contract. The Reservation Deposit is applied towards the contracted wedding photography package. THE CLIENT understands and agrees that the entire amount owed for the wedding photography package described in the contract is due any time before the wedding or in cash on the wedding day.
- CANCELLATION: In the event that THE CLIENT cancels the contracted services for wedding photography outlined in this contract before the wedding ceremony takes place, the deposit will be forfeit. Dawid Botha Photography agrees to refund all additional paid money (less expenditures for which receipts will be provided), to THE CLIENT.
- EVENT GUIDE: THE CLIENT will be responsible for (or have someone designated for this responsibility) identifying people/objects of whom/which specific photographs are desired. The photographer will NOT be held accountable for not photographing desired people if there is no one to assist in identifying or gathering people for the photograph(s).
- COOPERATION: The parties agree to positive cooperation and communication for the best possible result within the definition of this assignment. Dawid Botha Photography is not responsible for key individuals’ failure to be present or to cooperate during photography sessions, neither for missed images due to details not revealed to Dawid Botha Photography. Dawid Botha Photography recommends that THE CLIENT designate an “event guide” to point out important individuals to the photographer, whom THE CLIENT wishes to include in informal or candid photographs.
- GUEST COOPERATION: THE CLIENT is responsible for the conduct of their guests. THE CLIENT will direct all other service providers (florist, DJ, caterer, etc.) to provide any needed information and cooperation to the photographer. Coordination with other service providers is necessary to complete all the photography sessions as scheduled. THE CLIENT should share the photography schedule with other service providers to make sure that there is no conflict in times. In addition, events during the wedding day should be planned to make the best use of time from all vendors. Dawid Botha Photography will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behaviour, nor will it share its time or compete with guest photographers for the attention of the subjects. Unchecked guest conduct that interferes with photography may seriously affect the quality of the photographs taken and increase the number of times photos must be re-taken. If THE CLIENT is unable to control the conduct of their guests, resulting in an unacceptable degree of misconduct, or if the conduct of any of their guests damages the equipment of the photographer, it will result in the early or immediate departure of the photographer. THE CLIENT understands that in such an event, no refunds will be granted.
- MEALS: Set places at a table (doesn’t have to be in the venue or part of guests table), food and water will be provided for all staff of Dawid Botha Photography working at the wedding on the wedding day. Sufficient time will also be allowed for Dawid Botha Photography staff to eat their meal.
- 120 MINUTE WINDOW: The bride and/or groom agree to set aside at least 30 minutes before the commencement of the wedding ceremony for bridal portraits and photos with bridesmaids/groomsmen, and a 90-minute time frame afterward for the formal photo sessions. The 90 minutes following the ceremony includes group photographs. Within this period, we will shoot the Family Photos, Couple with Entourage and Couple Shoot of Bride and Groom alone. If either the bride’s or groom’s late arrival (or any other reason outside of the photographer’s control) prevents this 90-minute window from occurring, Dawid Botha Photography shall not be held liable for failure to take desired photographs.
- SHOOTING TIME / ADDITIONS: The photography schedule and selected methodology are designed to accomplish the goals and wishes of THE CLIENT in a manner enjoyed by all parties involved. THE CLIENT and Dawid Botha Photography agree that positive cooperation and punctuality are therefore essential. Shooting commences at the scheduled time. Should the ceremony start late due to any reason whatsoever, Dawid Botha Photography will not be held liable for any photographs not taken. PHOTOBOOTHS are not included in any package and additional costs are involved should THE CLIENT expect any staff of Dawid Botha Photography to man, shoot or assist in any form of PhotoBooth.
- DELIVERY OF GOODS: Dawid Botha Photographer requires a period of 6 to 8 weeks for completion of all good as per package chosen. Should the couple request early delivery of good, a express fee of R3000 is charged. We deliver anything between 600 and 800 photos, edited and sorted. Highlights Wedding Videos are between 3 to 6 minutes in length while the extended video or “full” video can be anything from 15 minutes to 30 minutes depending on the day’s events and activities. No RAW FOOTAGE OR IMAGES will ever be provided.
11.COPYRIGHT: The entire copyright in the photographs/video files is retained by the photographer at all times throughout the world. Where a disc/USB of photographs/video files (digital image files) has been provided to the bride and groom as part of their wedding collection, these photographs/video files may be printed, and displayed online, for personal but not commercial use. Dawid Botha Photography retains the right in all cases to use the photographs/video files in any manner at any time and in any part of the world for the purposes of advertising or otherwise promoting his work or any other use.
- ATTENDANCE: Hours of coverage include any travel time between venues. Due to the commitment to weddings at the weekends, engagement/pre-wedding portrait shoots are arranged Monday to Thursday. In the unlikely event that the photographer is unable to complete the coverage due to unforeseen circumstances, the photographer reserves the right to appoint another photographer to attend on his behalf to undertake the photography. No other hired photographers are permitted to photograph the wedding. PLEASE NOTE: Dawid Botha Photography consists of 3 photographers and 3 videographers. Therefore, when booking with Dawid Botha Photography any one of the 3 photographers or 2 videographers or combination of both can shoot your wedding.
- HOUSE RULES: The photographer is limited by the guidelines of the ceremony official or the reception site management. THE CLIENT agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is THE CLIENT’S responsibility; Dawid Botha Photography will offer technical recommendations only.
- PAYMENTS: THE CLIENT agrees that a 50% non-refundable deposit is required at the time of contract acceptance and 100% of the remaining balance is due any day before or on the day of the wedding ceremony.
- METHOD OF REMUNERATION: Payment may be made in cash or deposited into the following bank account:
- Account Holder: Dawid Botha
- Bank: First National Bank
- Branch Code: 250069
- Account Type: Current Account
- Account Number: 62 47 816 0444
- Reference: BRIDE’S Name and Wedding Date
PROOF OF PAYMENT TO BE PROVIDED ON REQUEST